Sunday, April 30, 2006

A Church...



Went home to the province during the Lenten Season...
This is Sts. Peter and Paul Parish, a Roman Catholic church, located at Ormoc City, Leyte, Philippines ...


...a detail of one of the church's stained windows

since we were there during Lent, the statues were covered to signify that Christ was still dead, and hasn't risen yet...
This church really holds special memories for me . . . after all, this is the church where i was baptized, had my first confession and communion, and where i got married! :o)

2 Comments:

At 2:44 PM, Blogger Kris said...

Hi Maiylah !
Must be great feeling to be back there :) My fave shot is the 3rd !When were you baptised since a baby or later ?
Whao! confession takes lots of courage..I think that's the hardest for me even to my best friends :)

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger maiylah said...

yup, felt "refreshed" after that short -but sweet, haha- vacation...
the third shot is kind of eerie, isn't it? lol...
i was baptized when i was around less than a month old, Kris..that was/is the custom. but nowadays sometimes the kids are much older; my mom just preferred that we be baptized earlier (something about to ward off sickness, too...?!! lol..).
haha, yes, confessions does take lots and lots of courage! i don't make it a habit, though. hmmm. should i? LOL.. :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home